September 12
"It's Monday..." A quote from a funny video I watched... except as you can tell, it's one of those, "you had to be there" moments.
Well, it is Monday. As a married, white, pregnant, college grad, life is quite different then it was a year and a half ago, when I was a student. Now... I work, work, work, and my best friend lives in the same apartment and room as me, which is pretty legit I will say. You don't take the same kind of tests, you don't study the same kind of material, you don't get to be at the institute as much, which is one of the hardest things for me, you don't have other people plan Family Home Evening for you anymore, and you definitely don't have as many activities as you do when you are a YSA. BUT, I have plenty of friends who are students and who still want to hang out with me which is nice. They have not forgotten me! Most of them anyway...
So yesterday OF COURSE I went to work. It was fun though because I got to work PASTRYYYY! I love working pastry compared to the front, AND since I can't have an AG job right now, a culinary job is quite fun, and of course my coworkers are nice and fun to talk to. I'm getting better at making certain things. I am still kind of slow, but hey, you have to start somewhere.
I was also able to spend some time with Clary and Reagan, which hasn't be the easiest of tasks lately, but it was nice to catch up and to see them and to just see them happy and know they are doing well.
****
I was fortunate to come across a video today. I like watching a lot of videos as you can tell. With this one, I really do hope you click on the link though because there is NO WAY you can't FEEL it. Oh just wait... FEEL IT. What is it? Just do it and you'll find out for yourself. :)
Uhhhhh.... ooo. I hope you felt it and I mean FELT it. So legit. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing is my favorite song and I had a close friend of mine, Rachel Libby, sing it when I was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Even if you aren't very spiritual or consider yourself very religious, I hope you can see the relation you have to the song. AND, I'll be so gracious as to provide the words. :)
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Come thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing thy grace
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount I'm fixed upon it
Mount of thy redeeming love
Here I raise my Ebenezer
Hither by thy help I come
And I hope by thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home
Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wondering from the fold of God
He, to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood
O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee
Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above
He has every blessing imaginable and beyond comprehension, ready for us. He wants to give us all He has. He has all power to provide us with such knowledge, such strength, to truly become as He is someday. As we 'tune our hearts,' we could learn the things of heaven, learn of the eternal, as we desire such, we prepare to live with Him. WE CAN LIVE WITH HIM AGAIN, in ULTIMATE glory. We must desire it, yearn, plead, reach, and work for it. By His mercy, we are able. We would not and cannot reach further potential, eventually full potential, without His help. He has known us forever, before we were even created. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He yearned and longed to help us before we knew who He was. Imagine the joy of a parent went recognition is achieved. Imagine... if you could remember the look on our parents' faces when you opened your eyes for the first time, when you spoke the words "mama" or "dada," the experiences your parents' hold dear because it was a time of connection, a recognition, or a relationship growing stronger.
Imagine... our heavenly parents and our brother, Jesus Christ, and the joy they feel when we recognize who they are and our relationship with them... How incredibly thrilled, overwhelmed, and just the... ugh... I don't think I could give justice in words, to the feelings they have when we turn to them and truly desire and yearn to have them in our lives.
That's what I feel like this song enraptures.... The fact that even though we may not know, perfectly, who they are, they know us perfectly, and that's enough. They know even though we are imperfect, that we will continue to make mistakes throughout our lives, that we fall short... they don't judge, shun, discriminate, or love us any less. As we accept who we are, our limitations, faults and all, and also accept who we are... sons or daughters of heavenly parents with a brother who gave His life to save ours... the power we hold brings to pass miracles.
Wow.
We are awesome.
I am awesome.
"It's Monday..." A quote from a funny video I watched... except as you can tell, it's one of those, "you had to be there" moments.
Well, it is Monday. As a married, white, pregnant, college grad, life is quite different then it was a year and a half ago, when I was a student. Now... I work, work, work, and my best friend lives in the same apartment and room as me, which is pretty legit I will say. You don't take the same kind of tests, you don't study the same kind of material, you don't get to be at the institute as much, which is one of the hardest things for me, you don't have other people plan Family Home Evening for you anymore, and you definitely don't have as many activities as you do when you are a YSA. BUT, I have plenty of friends who are students and who still want to hang out with me which is nice. They have not forgotten me! Most of them anyway...
So yesterday OF COURSE I went to work. It was fun though because I got to work PASTRYYYY! I love working pastry compared to the front, AND since I can't have an AG job right now, a culinary job is quite fun, and of course my coworkers are nice and fun to talk to. I'm getting better at making certain things. I am still kind of slow, but hey, you have to start somewhere.
I was also able to spend some time with Clary and Reagan, which hasn't be the easiest of tasks lately, but it was nice to catch up and to see them and to just see them happy and know they are doing well.
****
I was fortunate to come across a video today. I like watching a lot of videos as you can tell. With this one, I really do hope you click on the link though because there is NO WAY you can't FEEL it. Oh just wait... FEEL IT. What is it? Just do it and you'll find out for yourself. :)
Uhhhhh.... ooo. I hope you felt it and I mean FELT it. So legit. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing is my favorite song and I had a close friend of mine, Rachel Libby, sing it when I was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Even if you aren't very spiritual or consider yourself very religious, I hope you can see the relation you have to the song. AND, I'll be so gracious as to provide the words. :)
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
Come thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing thy grace
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount I'm fixed upon it
Mount of thy redeeming love
Here I raise my Ebenezer
Hither by thy help I come
And I hope by thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home
Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wondering from the fold of God
He, to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood
O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee
Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above
He has every blessing imaginable and beyond comprehension, ready for us. He wants to give us all He has. He has all power to provide us with such knowledge, such strength, to truly become as He is someday. As we 'tune our hearts,' we could learn the things of heaven, learn of the eternal, as we desire such, we prepare to live with Him. WE CAN LIVE WITH HIM AGAIN, in ULTIMATE glory. We must desire it, yearn, plead, reach, and work for it. By His mercy, we are able. We would not and cannot reach further potential, eventually full potential, without His help. He has known us forever, before we were even created. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He yearned and longed to help us before we knew who He was. Imagine the joy of a parent went recognition is achieved. Imagine... if you could remember the look on our parents' faces when you opened your eyes for the first time, when you spoke the words "mama" or "dada," the experiences your parents' hold dear because it was a time of connection, a recognition, or a relationship growing stronger.
Imagine... our heavenly parents and our brother, Jesus Christ, and the joy they feel when we recognize who they are and our relationship with them... How incredibly thrilled, overwhelmed, and just the... ugh... I don't think I could give justice in words, to the feelings they have when we turn to them and truly desire and yearn to have them in our lives.
That's what I feel like this song enraptures.... The fact that even though we may not know, perfectly, who they are, they know us perfectly, and that's enough. They know even though we are imperfect, that we will continue to make mistakes throughout our lives, that we fall short... they don't judge, shun, discriminate, or love us any less. As we accept who we are, our limitations, faults and all, and also accept who we are... sons or daughters of heavenly parents with a brother who gave His life to save ours... the power we hold brings to pass miracles.
Wow.
We are awesome.
I am awesome.
Comments
Post a Comment