September 18
Sunday! Another glorious Sunday. I wasn't as productive as I was last Sunday, but hey, I planned a lesson for the youth's Sunday School hour and I would say I did a pretty good job, whether or not they got anything out of it is up to them, but I felt as though I had gathered thoughts and ideas for a couple of days then I took the time to right out and draw out all my ideas, and I didn't get to all of it, but I felt prepared and I felt good about the lesson.
We also got to have dinner with Clary & Reagan, Danielle & Phil, and Amy & Eric, which was a lot of fun, and we played Speak Out afterwards which was hilarious. :)

****
As far as the lesson goes, I feel as though when prepare a lesson, every time I feel as though I have to ask myself if I was asked to prepare the lesson because I needed it or the youth really needed... Many youth don't open up to a new person very quickly, has been my experience in the past. So, there were some parts of the lesson I felt as though they may not be ready for, and others I felt as though they could handle. There were only 5 of them so I knew I was going to have to get many, if not all of them, participate, because I didn't want to be the only one talking.
We talked about the blessings we receive by living the commandments. We talked about what the 10 commandments are and the other commandments given to us by our leaders in our day, and how we are blessed as well keep them, what happens when we break them, and what some of the specific blessings may be.
I could go back to my notes or even try to recall my thoughts and feelings about the lesson, however, I feel as though the strongest impression was the example of the youth. Believe me, I had a pretty quiet bunch, but to see that they could still laugh and smile a little, was a confirmation to me that they were listening, and hopefully taking something away from the lesson. As I said, it is up to them as far as what they took away from it, but I can at least be assured that I did my best and gave them an open opportunity to the Spirit.
As for me, it was a reminder of the things I shouldn't, as well as the things I SHOULD be doing. The commandments lists many things we are not suppose to do, but also tells us what we should do.
Also, I was reminded that LOVE is the greatest of all commandments and that if we apply LOVE to all commandments, they will be satisfied. We all know that love is the greatest of all commandments, but I don't think I had ever thought of it that way, that is satisfies all commandments. Of course it makes sense.... just think about it. It puts things into a more clear perspective.
He is ALWAYS there for us and always teaches us that which is important for our progression and eternal salvation. He keeps it simple, and sometimes numbers one by one. He is straightforward so as to not keep us guessing but to keep us moving forward.
Are you choosing to move forward?
What is your choice?

Comments