A day to remember?
So today was the 15th anniversary of 9/11. It was sad to think that I felt as though many people around me had forgotten such a day. I am not saying everyone around me actually had, but I didn't hear much talk about it.
I will admit, I don't remember too much, just that I was in 6th grade when it happened, and I remember watching the TV, in silence, none of us really comprehending what was going on. It felt as though we had a moment of silent everyday after that. I don't know how long we have those moments or how long we had the flag at half mass, but things were different after that... Not much changed for me, seeing as I was a small town, 6th grade girl, who didn't really travel much except on a bus on field trips, or in the car to a neighboring state for a family vacation or to visit my grandparents. But now... I didn't hear much or see much at all in remembrance of 9/11. There are many lives to be remembered and honored, and many lives who tried their best to help and aid and rescue others. We are to remember history so we don't repeat it right? What were we to remember today? Memorials have been built to remember those who died on September 11, 2001. Planes hit the north and south towers, and the World Trade Center, in New York City. A plane crashed in Pennsylvania. A plane crashed into the Pentagon... A moment of silence was given for all. 
How do we show we are proud to live in this country? As much as I love Canada, I am proud to be an American and enjoy the privileges of living in this country. I don't know too much about my heritage, although I can day that I am proud to be the daughter of a faithful soldier who enlisted in the draft around the time of Vietnam, who's father was also a soldier, who represented our country with honor and pride. And I will always proudly say, "In God We Trust," because I know our forefathers knew of the importance of such a statement and claim, and we shouldn't be worried about offending others, when others have come into this country after such men who made this country what it is. 

I was able to do quite a bit more than I usually do on Sunday. I told myself I should sleep less and be more productive. Don't get me wrong, I believe we all need adequate rest, but I felt as though lately I had been sleeping way too much. Maybe it's the bodily changes, but hey, I figure I can do better. I read some blog posts from Al Fox because she a one of the many people I look up to. I mean, I look up to almost everyone in my life for some reason or another, maybe even YOU. :P And I also watched some Mormon Messages and did some indexing. It was a pretty fun Sunday, I will say. I didn't feel the best near the end of church, but that is because I was snacking on carrots and humus and I think my body doesn't like humus right now, which STINKS because I still really like it, but oh well. I can survive for now. 
It was fun to spend time with Bryce's family today. We played Speak Out, which is a game where you put in a mouthpiece and you try to say phrases while your partner tries to guess what you are saying. It was fun because his siblings don't care about impressing anyone or looking funny in front of others, so it was fun to just relax and have some fun. And we all looked pretty funny of course. 

**** 
So this video caught my attention.
I realized that at times I can be like this guy. It's not that I may blame anyone else for me not keeping up with all my responsibilities, or trying to put them on others, but I feel as though at times I may give myself so much to do, so much I want to accomplish, and at times I don't have the most important things at the top of the list, and those who count on me, even though they may not flat-out actually say they are disappointed, I can see it in their faces. I am not one who wants to wake up and think, "How can I offend people today? How can I disappoint people today?" I feel as though we are all trying to do our best to progress, improve, and grow. I feel as though I try everyday. No one wants to plateau. No one wants to look back on their day and see they were just a lazy bum and got nothing accomplished... 
And when thinking of that, it brings me to another thought... Why are we so hard on each other? Why is it so easy for some to judge others? If the above thought is a goal for each of us, shouldn't we respect each other's differences and shouldn't be see a mistake someone makes as an opportunity for them to get to know our Savior Jesus Christ? No one is perfect and yes, sometimes other people's mistakes affect us and we may not be thrilled about it, but hey. We all should "roll with the punches" and just help each other out. We all need to focus on OUR journey and OUR relationship with Jesus Christ, and in doing so, we recognize opportunities to serve and help others and help others strengthen their relationship, and see that they even have one, at times, and help them experience more light and life in this wondrous plan. 
How marvelous is that?!!

Comments