Here I am already struggling on day 3. That's okay. It's early enough in the day that I can post something for yesterday, and not have it mix with my feelings or thoughts for today. :)
September 3rd:
Saturday. You'd think it would be a nice day off from weekly cares and that it could just be a relaxing part of the weekend.... nope. When you aren't in school anymore, something, or all the time, or rarely do you not, work on Saturday. I worked today. I did have yesterday off for the sealing which was nice, but sometimes, if not all the time, you don't really want to work on Saturday... so many friends are resting and wanting to have fun, or coming into work and enjoying some hanging out time. It wasn't too bad of a Saturday though. It was kind of busy...
Oh. So I work at Kneaders. After I graduated I planned on leaving Tucson, but became more interest in Bryce, I figured I'd stick around for a little while to see where it would go, and low and behold (I don't actually know what that means... :P ) we got MARRIED, and I'm still here. After graduation I looked and looked, called and called, and I could not find anything that would allow me to work with large animals are farm animals. So many people are involved in small, family owned businesses, or they weren't hiring, or I didn't have ALL the qualifications they were looking for. So I kept looking and wasn't having any luck. It was discouraging at times, but it was also nice because I got to spend plenty of time at the institute with friends and teachers. At times though it appeared that Bryce was kind of disappointed I hadn't found anything and I got it in my head that he thought I was being lazy because he was working and going to school and I wasn't doing either, and even without that thought, I still kept trying. Sister Nymeyer told me, one day, that she knew someone who knew the manager of Kneaders. Yes, Kneaders is a nice place, but really?! You want me to working food business after I've worked so stinking hard, for 5 years, to get a piece of paper that hadn't been helping me at all or even with that job? You kidding me? I had a couple of interviews with the ag center at the UofA, where I interned and such. Carmen and Sam had both been rooting me on and had put "good words" in for me, but both times I did not score the position. The first time they picked someone who had mechanical experience, over myself. I don't blame them. I don't have any experience in silo machines and such and I was going to need some for the job, but hey, I'm a quick learner and would have worked my backend off to figure it out, maybe even gone on my own time to work with someone who could teach me... The second time I was told I didn't really have a chance anyway because the interview was bias and wanted the other candidate from the beginning anyway, so the second position I applied for didn't reveal much of a chance anyway... but Kneaders?! "It/s a job," Bryce says. I know. I know. It's a job. So I went in and sold myself. Apparently they hadn't hired anyone for some time. They had had some people come in and apply and some got so far as a sit-down interview and a working interview, but apparently they didn't come back. Then it was my turn. The boss was hard on me during the interview. I just put my head down and kept going... I stayed longer than the two hours given for the working interview... I thought, "Man, this guy needs to get a grip and chill. I don't know how anything works. I don't know where you keep everything. I don't know how exactly you do things. Sheesh. Calm down a little," but I kept going. And here we are, 9 months later, and I am still working there.
It has it's days. There are some days where I don't mind working, but lately, well, during the summer mostly, Bryce had a lot of time to relax and such after work, I didn't want to be at work. I wanted to spend more time with him. AND, Niels and Ashley lived in our apartment complex for the summer and I wanted to hang out with them all the time, but their schedules were kind of a struggle with ours as well, so it worked here and there, but who wants to be at work when everyone else is enjoying the summer?! Lately it's been difficult to want to be at work because hours are cutting back because it's been slow, so, because of that, I work by myself often, and that's no fun. :/ Sometimes I go on and on about work and I think it's partially because... a BIG part of it is because I still really, really, really, really, want to work with animals. I want an AG job.
But, we are talking about now, for now, and I will go on about that struggle later if I need to. So yesterday wasn't that bad. My boss, which he is a great person, don't get me wrong, but he had a meeting up in Phoenix yesterday, and it was kind of nice to not have him there, mostly because we could relax a little more, not goof off or do whatever we wanted, but we could relax a little more because our assistant manager, Catherine, is a little more chill, and she likes to relax a little more when he isn't around as well.
The thing is, nowadays when I get off or when I have a day off, I don't just relax... I help Bryce with the apartments or, now, 2 days a week, we clean our bishop's dentist office. So, after work, I expected to have to go clean the dentist office because Bryce was helping his family move, since they recently bought a house, probably about 15 minutes from where they currently live. It turns out Bryce woke up early and did it before he went to go help his mom with moving, which was a relief for me, just because I just wanted, not so much needed, but just wanted a break, and am more tired lately. I went to his old house and just watched part of a movie with some of his siblings until they got back after taking a load to the house. We all ate lunch and his mom kept insisting I take a nap...
So we went back and forth to the new house a few times, because I would much rather help than just lay around, and I hadn't seen the new house yet. After we helped, we rushed back to our house to get ready for Sydney and Grant's reception, then drove all the way back to the east side for the reception. It was funny because when we were taking a load to the new house, I looked up the address and it wasn't far from the new house. Bryce didn't like the idea of driving so much but hey, I wasn't going to miss it.
The reception was beautiful of course. It was at someone's house and of course it was a beautiful property and well decorated and such. We got to hang out with Niels and Ashley for a bit and I also met a good friend of Bryce's who he's known since diapers, and his wife is super cute and super fun and it was just easy to become friends. :) We missed most of the food so after we lit lanterns and said our goodbyes, we went to Chipotle with Niels and Ashley because Bryce was still pretty hungry.
After all that I pretty much changed and passed out because I was so tired. Sheesh. I'm always tired.
Amongst all the day's activities and being tired, it was still fun to spend time with friends and to see Sydney and Grant so happy. It just reminds me how much fun it's going to be when Christ comes again. I don't get to spend much time with my family, but when I do, of course I love it, and now with everyone working and being in school again, sometimes seeing friends is an occasional event, and when they do happen, it's just so much fun to catch up and to see that each other is still happy and well... I just feel like that is how it'll be when we live with God again. It won't be the occasional occurrence, but just always seeing everyone happy and progressing with family and friends and spouses and children... It's going to be great.
BYU played UA in football tonight as well and in the last minute they beat us, 18 - 16. Although it was unfortunate that will lost, DUH, it was fun to see how many of my friends were able to get together and enjoy the fun, see family, and enjoy such a big event. I wish we would've been able to make it but I figured, I would be here to support Sydney and Grant and would hear all about it from friends of mine.
So all in all it was a good, hardworking, enjoyable day. I am blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love me and am glad I am capable of so much, even if it's just typing journal entries, being able to walk from one room in my apartment, to another, or even feeding myself meals each day. Even the simple things are GREAT to me. We don't have to wait to receive huge miracles in order to show gratitude, but should everyday for every step, and every breath.
September 3rd:
Saturday. You'd think it would be a nice day off from weekly cares and that it could just be a relaxing part of the weekend.... nope. When you aren't in school anymore, something, or all the time, or rarely do you not, work on Saturday. I worked today. I did have yesterday off for the sealing which was nice, but sometimes, if not all the time, you don't really want to work on Saturday... so many friends are resting and wanting to have fun, or coming into work and enjoying some hanging out time. It wasn't too bad of a Saturday though. It was kind of busy...
Oh. So I work at Kneaders. After I graduated I planned on leaving Tucson, but became more interest in Bryce, I figured I'd stick around for a little while to see where it would go, and low and behold (I don't actually know what that means... :P ) we got MARRIED, and I'm still here. After graduation I looked and looked, called and called, and I could not find anything that would allow me to work with large animals are farm animals. So many people are involved in small, family owned businesses, or they weren't hiring, or I didn't have ALL the qualifications they were looking for. So I kept looking and wasn't having any luck. It was discouraging at times, but it was also nice because I got to spend plenty of time at the institute with friends and teachers. At times though it appeared that Bryce was kind of disappointed I hadn't found anything and I got it in my head that he thought I was being lazy because he was working and going to school and I wasn't doing either, and even without that thought, I still kept trying. Sister Nymeyer told me, one day, that she knew someone who knew the manager of Kneaders. Yes, Kneaders is a nice place, but really?! You want me to working food business after I've worked so stinking hard, for 5 years, to get a piece of paper that hadn't been helping me at all or even with that job? You kidding me? I had a couple of interviews with the ag center at the UofA, where I interned and such. Carmen and Sam had both been rooting me on and had put "good words" in for me, but both times I did not score the position. The first time they picked someone who had mechanical experience, over myself. I don't blame them. I don't have any experience in silo machines and such and I was going to need some for the job, but hey, I'm a quick learner and would have worked my backend off to figure it out, maybe even gone on my own time to work with someone who could teach me... The second time I was told I didn't really have a chance anyway because the interview was bias and wanted the other candidate from the beginning anyway, so the second position I applied for didn't reveal much of a chance anyway... but Kneaders?! "It/s a job," Bryce says. I know. I know. It's a job. So I went in and sold myself. Apparently they hadn't hired anyone for some time. They had had some people come in and apply and some got so far as a sit-down interview and a working interview, but apparently they didn't come back. Then it was my turn. The boss was hard on me during the interview. I just put my head down and kept going... I stayed longer than the two hours given for the working interview... I thought, "Man, this guy needs to get a grip and chill. I don't know how anything works. I don't know where you keep everything. I don't know how exactly you do things. Sheesh. Calm down a little," but I kept going. And here we are, 9 months later, and I am still working there.
It has it's days. There are some days where I don't mind working, but lately, well, during the summer mostly, Bryce had a lot of time to relax and such after work, I didn't want to be at work. I wanted to spend more time with him. AND, Niels and Ashley lived in our apartment complex for the summer and I wanted to hang out with them all the time, but their schedules were kind of a struggle with ours as well, so it worked here and there, but who wants to be at work when everyone else is enjoying the summer?! Lately it's been difficult to want to be at work because hours are cutting back because it's been slow, so, because of that, I work by myself often, and that's no fun. :/ Sometimes I go on and on about work and I think it's partially because... a BIG part of it is because I still really, really, really, really, want to work with animals. I want an AG job.
But, we are talking about now, for now, and I will go on about that struggle later if I need to. So yesterday wasn't that bad. My boss, which he is a great person, don't get me wrong, but he had a meeting up in Phoenix yesterday, and it was kind of nice to not have him there, mostly because we could relax a little more, not goof off or do whatever we wanted, but we could relax a little more because our assistant manager, Catherine, is a little more chill, and she likes to relax a little more when he isn't around as well.
The thing is, nowadays when I get off or when I have a day off, I don't just relax... I help Bryce with the apartments or, now, 2 days a week, we clean our bishop's dentist office. So, after work, I expected to have to go clean the dentist office because Bryce was helping his family move, since they recently bought a house, probably about 15 minutes from where they currently live. It turns out Bryce woke up early and did it before he went to go help his mom with moving, which was a relief for me, just because I just wanted, not so much needed, but just wanted a break, and am more tired lately. I went to his old house and just watched part of a movie with some of his siblings until they got back after taking a load to the house. We all ate lunch and his mom kept insisting I take a nap...
So we went back and forth to the new house a few times, because I would much rather help than just lay around, and I hadn't seen the new house yet. After we helped, we rushed back to our house to get ready for Sydney and Grant's reception, then drove all the way back to the east side for the reception. It was funny because when we were taking a load to the new house, I looked up the address and it wasn't far from the new house. Bryce didn't like the idea of driving so much but hey, I wasn't going to miss it.
The reception was beautiful of course. It was at someone's house and of course it was a beautiful property and well decorated and such. We got to hang out with Niels and Ashley for a bit and I also met a good friend of Bryce's who he's known since diapers, and his wife is super cute and super fun and it was just easy to become friends. :) We missed most of the food so after we lit lanterns and said our goodbyes, we went to Chipotle with Niels and Ashley because Bryce was still pretty hungry.
After all that I pretty much changed and passed out because I was so tired. Sheesh. I'm always tired.
Amongst all the day's activities and being tired, it was still fun to spend time with friends and to see Sydney and Grant so happy. It just reminds me how much fun it's going to be when Christ comes again. I don't get to spend much time with my family, but when I do, of course I love it, and now with everyone working and being in school again, sometimes seeing friends is an occasional event, and when they do happen, it's just so much fun to catch up and to see that each other is still happy and well... I just feel like that is how it'll be when we live with God again. It won't be the occasional occurrence, but just always seeing everyone happy and progressing with family and friends and spouses and children... It's going to be great.
BYU played UA in football tonight as well and in the last minute they beat us, 18 - 16. Although it was unfortunate that will lost, DUH, it was fun to see how many of my friends were able to get together and enjoy the fun, see family, and enjoy such a big event. I wish we would've been able to make it but I figured, I would be here to support Sydney and Grant and would hear all about it from friends of mine.
So all in all it was a good, hardworking, enjoyable day. I am blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love me and am glad I am capable of so much, even if it's just typing journal entries, being able to walk from one room in my apartment, to another, or even feeding myself meals each day. Even the simple things are GREAT to me. We don't have to wait to receive huge miracles in order to show gratitude, but should everyday for every step, and every breath.
Comments
Post a Comment