September 14
Aside from the usual, I went to yoga with Kaley tonight! It was just what I needed, to focus on myself, my body, work it out, and of course, to spend time catching up with that dear lady. Kaley is the kind of person you can just catch up with and no matter how long it's been, it just feels like no time has passed really, you just jump back into conversation where you left off, as if it were just yesterday.
****
I was trying to think about what I would share today... Bryce wanted to drop me off and pick me up before and after yoga. When he came to pick me up, he had a water bottle and a bowl of watermelon for all of us to share. It wasn't the greatest of watermelon, and his main person was to just get rid of it before it went bad, but it made Kaley and I smile and we actually really enjoyed it. :)
I think a lot about him and I lately... about how here and now and about our future. I've been thinking a lot about this wonderfully incredible document:
The Family Proclamation
I feel as though this document says it all. I love my family and I love those who I consider family and love the idea of being with everyone in the end.
I get really down on myself sometimes because I am not using my degree right now and I worked so hard to achieve it and I wanted so badly to use it, to work with animals and be outside and enjoy the work in which I do, in agriculture. However, knowing all of this, knowing that the gospel plan is still true, no matter what job I have, no matter what my circumstances or how old I am... A mother is the most incredible job of all. A mother takes no breaks and is in it for the long haul. I think about that and at times it seems overwhelming and I'm not sure if I can take on such a role. And whenever I think those things, I am reminded of the precious truths within the document... that I am a child of God and that He knows me personally and He will give me the strength and love I need to be confident in my abilities and what I can do to raise children in this world. This world is such an interesting place and to think of bringing children into this world is also a nerve racking thought, but I know all will be well as I do my best to do what is right, to be a righteous example to others, and to raise my children to be wonderful, kind, loving people.
That's what the gospel brings... love. Strength. Peace. Joy. Family.
Aside from the usual, I went to yoga with Kaley tonight! It was just what I needed, to focus on myself, my body, work it out, and of course, to spend time catching up with that dear lady. Kaley is the kind of person you can just catch up with and no matter how long it's been, it just feels like no time has passed really, you just jump back into conversation where you left off, as if it were just yesterday.
****
I was trying to think about what I would share today... Bryce wanted to drop me off and pick me up before and after yoga. When he came to pick me up, he had a water bottle and a bowl of watermelon for all of us to share. It wasn't the greatest of watermelon, and his main person was to just get rid of it before it went bad, but it made Kaley and I smile and we actually really enjoyed it. :)
I think a lot about him and I lately... about how here and now and about our future. I've been thinking a lot about this wonderfully incredible document:
The Family Proclamation
I feel as though this document says it all. I love my family and I love those who I consider family and love the idea of being with everyone in the end.
I get really down on myself sometimes because I am not using my degree right now and I worked so hard to achieve it and I wanted so badly to use it, to work with animals and be outside and enjoy the work in which I do, in agriculture. However, knowing all of this, knowing that the gospel plan is still true, no matter what job I have, no matter what my circumstances or how old I am... A mother is the most incredible job of all. A mother takes no breaks and is in it for the long haul. I think about that and at times it seems overwhelming and I'm not sure if I can take on such a role. And whenever I think those things, I am reminded of the precious truths within the document... that I am a child of God and that He knows me personally and He will give me the strength and love I need to be confident in my abilities and what I can do to raise children in this world. This world is such an interesting place and to think of bringing children into this world is also a nerve racking thought, but I know all will be well as I do my best to do what is right, to be a righteous example to others, and to raise my children to be wonderful, kind, loving people.
That's what the gospel brings... love. Strength. Peace. Joy. Family.
Comments
Post a Comment