September 15
A day off! It seems like it's been forever since I've had one of those. :P I didn't do too much, which is kind of sad, but hey, it's difficult when your friends all have different schedules than yourself. :/

****
So yesterday I watch a video from a friend of a friend, who is a song writer and is promoting her new CD in which case half the proceeds go to the Operation Underground Railroad, which is an organization who strives to help children all over the world who are sex slaves. They help them receive therapy and to heal from such experiences.

Chapters of My Heart

The heart has its ups and downs and turnarounds
Dead ends and new beginnings
The heart has its’ miracles, valleys and pinnacles
But every page is solid proof I’m living
If I could go back and rewrite it from the start
I wouldn’t erase any chapter of my heart
Love every chapter of my heart

My heart’s known each season, prison and freedom
Wind and rain without rhyme or reason
Winter, Summer, Fall or Spring, it learns through everything
And the changes make space for feeling
If I could go back and rewrite it from the start
I wouldn’t erase any chapter of my heart
Love every chapter of my heart

You're the author, but I hold the pen
And my story still surprises me every now and again
But as the chapters unwind
You always remind me
You'll never leave my side

I’m still in the middle, it can feel like a riddle
All these pages to go, so much I still don’t know
Even though every line doesn’t make perfect sense to me
It’s my story
If I could go back and rewrite it from the start
From the torn pages to my favorite parts
I wouldn’t erase any chapter of my heart
Love every chapter of my heart
Love every chapter of my heart

You live, you learn, you love from every chapter
You heal, you learn God’s enough from every chapter
That He’s real and He’s showing you His love
In every chapter of the heart
Love every chapter of my heart

What I love about smaller, new/ish song writers, I feel as though it's easier to see the realness to them. They usually write their own songs and at times music, so you can feel them out, so you can try to figure out what THEY are about, instead of a music or song writer hired to help them.
I like this song because it embraces the realness of life. We can "wish" for people or circumstances to change, but in the end, what happens, happens, and we can't change people, and sometimes we can't change circumstances... and sometimes we can. 
AND... we shouldn't dwell on the past. We should embrace it, as the song tells us. We can't change it, so don't dwell on it, and appreciate the lessons learned and the person it's made you today. If you don't like you today, you can change that, but that comes from deciding NOW and making the changes NOW. So no matter what happened in the past, allow it to have made you stronger, the strong, confident, wonderful, beautiful person you are today. 
Be your own author with His help.
Embrace. 

Comments