September 8
I have come to except the fact that I do get a little nauseous these days, but I am happy to say that I haven't thrown up yet! I was told it comes with the territory of being pregnant. :/
On a more exciting note, I got out of work at 9:30! I wasn't feeling that great so I feel as though I worked slower than usual, with the nausea, because sometimes I just had to take a moment or two and breathe through it. It's so warm in the back with the oven on the whole time, that that part isn't so pleasant, but hey, it could be worse.
So I got out pretty early, which was so nice because I didn't have to rush into apartment duties. I was able to take a nap while Bryce took care of the responsibilities for an hour longer. Within that time I took a nap, and I went to the store because I found a recipe that Bryce was interested in, so I wanted to make it for dinner. I wanted to use the crockpot because we hadn't used it yet... and I really didn't want to take the time to make something tonight. I tried to rise and try to get rid of the nausea while Bryce went to school. One of our bosses came by so I talk to him about how the apartments are doing, and how we were doing on rent collection, and he seemed to be pretty happy with our efforts.
I asked Danielle if they were interested in some crockpot soup since they fed us yesterday, which was super delicious by the way, and I wanted to invite them to eat our food this time. Danielle had no plan and I think she probably liked the idea of not making anything either, so I went over and hung out with her while Bryce was in school. I went and picked him up when he was finished with class, then we ate! It was pretty good, I will say. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since we had never made it before but everyone loved it. I wasn't sure if Phil liked it because he wasn't very talkative, but he was the first to get up for seconds so then I was reassured that it was pretty good. :)
I pretty much just zonk out these days, once we get back to the apartment at night, or after dinner. I just get so tired and it stinks because I would like to spend more time with Bryce, but I was told it'll pass so I'm not too worried. ;)
It was nice to be appreciated a little more today. I received many thank you's and approvals for the dinner, and even though it didn't take all that much effort, it was nice. And it goes to show, you don't have to put on a whole show in order to be appreciated. Sometimes, many times, it's just the small things that people appreciate and is really all they need. It always feels good to serve. I hope I continue to act upon promptings to give a little, and sometimes a lot, so I can feel not so much appreciated, but know I did what He wanted me to do.
I have come to except the fact that I do get a little nauseous these days, but I am happy to say that I haven't thrown up yet! I was told it comes with the territory of being pregnant. :/
On a more exciting note, I got out of work at 9:30! I wasn't feeling that great so I feel as though I worked slower than usual, with the nausea, because sometimes I just had to take a moment or two and breathe through it. It's so warm in the back with the oven on the whole time, that that part isn't so pleasant, but hey, it could be worse.
So I got out pretty early, which was so nice because I didn't have to rush into apartment duties. I was able to take a nap while Bryce took care of the responsibilities for an hour longer. Within that time I took a nap, and I went to the store because I found a recipe that Bryce was interested in, so I wanted to make it for dinner. I wanted to use the crockpot because we hadn't used it yet... and I really didn't want to take the time to make something tonight. I tried to rise and try to get rid of the nausea while Bryce went to school. One of our bosses came by so I talk to him about how the apartments are doing, and how we were doing on rent collection, and he seemed to be pretty happy with our efforts.
I asked Danielle if they were interested in some crockpot soup since they fed us yesterday, which was super delicious by the way, and I wanted to invite them to eat our food this time. Danielle had no plan and I think she probably liked the idea of not making anything either, so I went over and hung out with her while Bryce was in school. I went and picked him up when he was finished with class, then we ate! It was pretty good, I will say. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since we had never made it before but everyone loved it. I wasn't sure if Phil liked it because he wasn't very talkative, but he was the first to get up for seconds so then I was reassured that it was pretty good. :)
I pretty much just zonk out these days, once we get back to the apartment at night, or after dinner. I just get so tired and it stinks because I would like to spend more time with Bryce, but I was told it'll pass so I'm not too worried. ;)
It was nice to be appreciated a little more today. I received many thank you's and approvals for the dinner, and even though it didn't take all that much effort, it was nice. And it goes to show, you don't have to put on a whole show in order to be appreciated. Sometimes, many times, it's just the small things that people appreciate and is really all they need. It always feels good to serve. I hope I continue to act upon promptings to give a little, and sometimes a lot, so I can feel not so much appreciated, but know I did what He wanted me to do.
Comments
Post a Comment