It's been quite some time, yes, and in such, I've decided a new goal... it's pretty difficult, not saying it's impossible, but difficult to go from not really journalling and blogging at all to everyday. So I've decided to make myself feel a little better and just do so at least more than once a week, to start. It was easy enough on the mission to talk about the whole week in one sitting at the library. Yes, it took a while because you wanted to talk about everything, but the fact that I'm not a student anymore, I feel as though I really have to dig sometimes, to find the little treasures of my day-to-day since they aren't as noticeable at times.
So with that, I do have quite a bit to catch up on... I don't even know where to begin. Wow. In September was the last time I posted. Well, looking at the bright side, it hasn't even been two months, where the last gap on this blog was... quite a bit longer. :P
May I just say... I've been trying to think of a blog name lately and I find it kind of... pretty much Difficult, with a capital 'D.' I just don't want it to sound like it belongs in a HomeLiving magazine (no offense to people who read or own copies... I probably have looked through pictures myself), or a retail catalog... but I think to myself... what do I want to project through a blog title. This blog is pretty much a way for me to journal because it's a lot faster than writing with a pen or pencil, but am I wanting to encourage people to read it? Do I want people to think my life is so phenomenally awesome that they should take time out of their day to read what I have to say about my day or week? I will say that I do think I am pretty blessed with many things and life is more difficult for other people than myself, so I think my life is pretty phenomenally awesome even on a slow day... I guess I'll just wait for an "Ah-Ha!" moment or I will eventually just accept one as a "well this isn't so bad" title.

AND NOW.... I'm back writing this post after what, another couple of weeks of starting it. Hooray! Slowly but surely. Maybe I should have a picture of a turtle on here, and have that somehow relate to this blog. Hmmm. The possibilities.
Anyhow... I was planning on starting this post back at the beginning of November so maybe I'll just start there.

ADVENTURE***
So I ran Ragnar at the beginning of November. It was a trail run so you don't run as much as your Ragnar road race. When I say running, I say jogging mostly, and maybe on the slower side... I didn't train as well as I did for my last few races and didn't realize just how much more difficult it would be to run while carrying a baby, at least the beginnings of one. I'm still not far along, and I haven't gained much, in weight, but my body has changed quite a bit, and it felt like my lung capacity was cut in half! Ugh. It's nothing like trying to run with a stuffy nose and you're trying to take long breathes but you know you should just wait into you get better. It's as if you feel great, and know you have big enough lungs that you should be able to take good long breathes, and you try, and you truly feel capable, but when you breathe out, you find you didn't take that much in and you quickly go right into taking the next one. Small price you have to pay for bringing life into the world though, right?
Also... so many people passed me! Sad day. I'm not the best runner. I'm not the runner always passing people but not the one MANY people pass... But for this race. I felt as though I was sllllllllllllloooooooooooooow. And no one likes being "THAT guy," that person, that runner. Yes I wasn't going to produce times that were personal records or pull my team further ahead in standings. My team was going to have to do that on their own, which I felt as though they were capable of, seeing as some would come back from their runs and say, "hey, I passed 40 people."
I didn't want to run 3 times (each person on your team runs three different trail loops), and feel miserable about my "condition," in relation to this experience. I had to figure out how I was going to keep racing a positive experience. So. My second run was late at night. I wore my LED athletic shoes because they're fun to run with when you're out in the middle of a trail with no other light except the little headlamp we all sport. And again, I was passed by many, but instead of getting discouraged, plus, how can you get discouraged when you have a rockin' running playlist?! Instead of getting discouraged, I cheered on those who passed me. When I saw all these little headlamps bobbing in front of me, on the parts of the trail I had yet to run (it's a loop so sometimes you can see where you have to go), I cheered and and told everyone they were doing great and that we could all do this, and every so often I could here someone not far in front of me or I could hear a whistle of a yell in the distance and it made me smile. A lot of people commented on my shoes as well. Little did they know they were pretty cheap and I got them from eBay, and, lightweight and pretty comfortable actually.
So even though I wasn't performing to my full potential, I encouraged others, especially my teammates, to run at theirs.


All in all it was so fun, as it usually... always is. Our team did pretty well. We didn't run competitively or anything, but I think everyone either improved or at least stayed safe and had a blast as well. And that's what it's all about. Yes, if I were good enough, trained religiously, and truly wanted to make running a priority, I could probably become an insanely awesome runner. But, I do progress, I do improve, and I have lots of fun doing it, so at least right now, I can't ask for too much more, now can I...

Now that it's taken me about three different sessions to get this far, what else do I need to catch up on since then... The month of November. Hmmm... Well, many birthdays, a couple of weddings, many friends getting pregnant, :P and the HOLIDAYS ARE COMING!!!
Work is busy as usual and Bryce and I are trying to prepare for the holiday season, not just with all the family, but we have quite  few turnovers we need to actually make happen, which is a headache because we want to enjoy the holidays, but hey. We are going to succeed in all this, then we can just enjoy the winter season, even if we don't have much of a winter here in AZ. (eye roll) Bryce said we might actually be able to go up to Canada for a visit so I am going to try to work extra hard at the apartments, so we can hopefully go. :)

Yes, we are making this 4! Hah. I am at 20 weeks and 1 day so at my next appointment we shall know what it is we are having!! My last appointment, the day before Thanksgiving, we were suppose to have a heartbeat check and a measurement and all they did was the heartbeat (sigh). If they would've taken the measurement of the growth of the baby, I bet they would've been able to tell us but oh well. I feel as though OB appointments are for made for people to learn patience. I felt as though I was going pretty well with my progression with patience, but when I went to this appointment, I waited almost an hour and all they did was put jell on my stomach, listen to the heartbeat, and that was it. I figure I need to bring a book or something so I don't think about how much time I spent waiting, and can focus on something more productive and positive.
We also had the elections conclude this month, thank the heavens for that. I was so tired of listening to people talk trash about each other and I went and voted like a responsible citizen, but you know, I don't really care for how things turned out, and I probably would feel the same way had the results presented the other candidate as president. I just figure that who ever wins, wins, and that there is no way to have the perfect president. Every president will make mistakes because no one is perfect. Every president will most likely clean up a mess made by the previous president, and make a mess themselves. Whatever happens, as long as I live in this country, I need to do my part in being educated, so I can vote for who I believe would do a good job, then support whoever does win, because hey, I agreed to live in the country and follow the laws and rules established when our forefathers established them in the beginning.
I was disappointed to see all the negative... events that took place shortly after the election was concluded, and I could probably talk about it for some time, but I will just leave it at that since nothing productive would happen if I took the time to write more about it.
What else has been going on the month of November... school is winding down and Bryce is pretty excited about that. He has had a challenging semester so far, but he has stuck it out, worked hard, and I think he will end with pretty good grades and much success.
We also had our fall festival this month, for our ward at church. My friend Lourena and I were in charge of an activity for the kids... a beanbag toss. :P It was fun to watch the adults and our friends play, and it was kind of overwhelming when we had a group of toddlers and younger kids come play, because they would just keep taking the beanbags and walk up to the board to put them into the different holes, and keep going because there were so many beanbags. We had to eventually start taking away one at a time, when they weren't looking, so we could tell them the game was over, so we could catch a break. We have so many little ones in the ward and they are all so cute, even though they are a handful when they are all together. :)
Bryce and I had an anniversary date a couple of weeks ago. We hit the year mark of when Bryce proposed to me at 7 Falls, with a group of our friends, so we decided to go on the same hike and go out to dinner. We usually go with a group, but it was nice to take the hike just the two of us, to just talk and to enjoy ourselves at our own pace. It was cute how Bryce wanted to wear the exact outfits we wore when he proposed. :P
We went to Red Lobster afterwards because I told Bryce he needed to try their coconut shrimp with their pina colada sauce, which is SO good, and he had never tried it before. We also had salmon and lobster that was super good.
We finally had a campout this month! Ashley & Niels, and Cami & Lans, and us! We went out to Redington, cooked over a fire, and got to enjoy the stars and just being away from all the noise of the city and all the clutter in our lives. It was fun to spend time with them seeing as when almost everyone is out of school and has different schedules, it makes it hard to see anyone really. It got pretty cold but the fresh air was great and we all had a lot of fun.
We had two Thanksgivings! Sigh. Hah. So. Much. Food. To begin the wonderful day of thanks, we went paint balling! Epic! I strapped a pillow to my stomach to make sure all would be well, and although it made me work a little harder when running, but it was still so awesome! At the end of one of the games, Niels was talking to someone and told them I hit him, then he looked at me and told me the same thing. I was confused because I didn't remember hitting anyone. It turns out when I stuck the end of the barrel of my gun through a hole in one of the bunkers, and I guess I hit him right at the top of the face mask. :) Haha! I'm so lucky. ;) There was a time I also had a stand off with another, both of us telling the other to surrender, and I didn't get the rules and there was another guy who also told me to surrender, so I took myself out of the game. There was another time I was the last one in the game and I didn't know it. I was just focused on the guy in front of me and all of a sudden I heard someone yell "surrender" behind me. Before I knew it, I don't think I stepped back, I think my foot just slid, but it moved to the point where I was on sitting on my butt, leaning against the bunker, and I closed me eyes, and just pulled the trigger. I was expecting to feel paintballs as well, hence why I just closed my eyes, so I could just take it. I never felt the paintballs and it turned out I took him out. :) I beat him. But a minute or so after, I got hit, so oh well.
Bryce had extended family come into town and everyone brought food. We had I think around 30 people there, and at least 13 pies. It was a different experience, having what felt like a Thanksgiving party. It was a lot of fun to have so many people though, family, in one place, to enjoy spending time together. Bryce and I made a pecan, pumpkin, cheesecake. We wanted to make a pie that sounded good but little did we know we picked a pie that is made up of 3 pies that take a long time to bake. And, we didn't get it started until about 8, so we were up until about midnight. I had fun making it and it was very much enjoyed so I didn't mind too much.
The day after we went up to Phoenix to see my parents, sister, and her boyfriend. It turns out she was able to get time off and make it for Thanksgiving, and her boyfriend flew in from Florida. We had a big dinner, which was very delicious seeing as my mom and day made the food. The day after that, we went out to eat at a seafood place, eating a lot more food. After these three days, that's when I feel as though I started "showing." :P We ate so much foooooood. It was all very delicious, but I am glad this tradition of eating big meals on holidays... I'm glad the holidays are spend out a bit. I'm glad my sister was able to come because it's not very often my siblings can visit so I'll take what I can get.
So, overall, November was an eventual month. I had an OB appointment and although they were suppose to take a measurement, and in doing so I figured they would try to figure the gender of our little one, they only listened to the heartbeat. So, we will know what we are having on the 19th of December. It only looks like we will enjoy many more activities and events this next month, to finish off the year!
The church is challenging everyone to serve in some way or another for the first 25 days of the month. I didn't realize this until a day or two late but I am doing my best to catch up and I was able to get there and hope I can succeed in this challenge because it's pretty eventful and it makes me happy, so why not. :)
To be continued...

Comments